Position: Upside Administrative Coordinator
Reports to: Upside Preschool Director
Status: 32 hours, Exempt, 12 month
The Upside Preschool (UP) is a non-profit associate of Park Collective, where we believe that good things can flourish. The school is dedicated to providing excellent quality preschool and daycare services to our neighbors in Prescott Valley at a reasonable cost. The school is a Christian Preschool and as such will reflect those beliefs through Biblical instruction, curriculum, activities, and the actions and behavior of the Staff. It is a place where children of all socioeconomic and faiths are welcome.
The Preschool Admin responsibilities include: day to day administration of a safe, loving and quality preschool environment and managing the Preschool office.
The Preschool Administrative Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
- Licensing and Compliance
- Works alongside the Preschool Director to ensure preschool is compliant with the State of Arizona license rules and regulations as well as other applicable town, county, state, and federal laws.
- Works alongside the Preschool Director to help manage all aspects of student admission by maintaining accurate records of students, including the appropriate health history, immunizations, allergies, authorized adults, and limitations of each child.
- Ensure that all staff and student files are complete, accurate, updated, and private.
- Maintain accurate and complete attendance records and sign in/out records
- Ensure mandatory reporting rules are followed
- Works alongside the Preschool Director to help manage appropriate records for Staff and submit reports as necessary to government agencies including annual training compliance.
- Office Management
- Assists the Preschool Director with student registration and enrollment.
- Supervises the sign in and out process and keeps track of attendance.
- Works alongside the Preschool Director to help define policies of admission, attendance, tuition, tuition assistance, educational goals as well as all other policies, procedures and guidelines pertaining to the operation of the preschool.
- Maintains supplies, office machines, equipment.
- Works with Accounting department for billing and budget balances.
3. Parent and Community Relationships
- Maintain positive and professional parent/guardian relationships, maintain open communication and personal interaction with co-workers.
- Participate in preschool events to create a feeling of community with preschool families and co-workers.
- Work alongside the communications department to develop media to keep parents informed of activities, events, etc. at the preschool through website, social media, and/ or prints.
4. Licensing and Compliance
- Admin should have proper experience and education as required for state licensing which should include one or more of the following:
- HS diploma and 6+months experience
- Associates or Bachelors in ECE
- NAC/CDA/CCP certificate
- Admin will be required to attend 18 hours of training per year
- Admin will be required to have a current first aid and CPR training card/certificate
- Admin will be required to pass a background check and have a level one fingerprint clearance card.
- Admin will be updated on her vaccinations and have a negative TB test( within the last 6 months) .
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Demonstrates a heart and passion for children
- Working knowledge of child care regulations and safety practices
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed with disciplined attributes
- Must be versatile and collaborative team player with the ability to work independently
- Administrative and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks. Be able to prioritize effectively and immediately, as well as meet timelines
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with preschool families and co-workers.
- Ability to manage and resolve conflict with an attitude of humility
- Proven ability to use good judgement and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to handle emergency situations with a professional and confident demeanor
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Theologically and doctrinally aligned with Heights Church on important matters
- Demonstrates evidence of a Christ-like attitude in words and actions, with humility
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
- Excellent computer and typing skills are preferred.
- A clear background check, fingerprint and safety check is required
- Preschool Admin experience is preferred.
- Maintain CPR and First Aid certifications
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk, reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The job requires being inside of a building for most of the work day. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.